A team in the non competitive for the Michael Valle co-Ed tournament had to drop out because of medical issues… if interested in getting in as non Comp, please contact me or sandralina….thank you….
Non profit organization To learn more aout the Michael Valle Memorial Scholarship Foundation please click on the video below. Thank you! http://www.pittsburgca.net/video/DisplayVideo.aspx?Month=8/2008&VideoId=708
1620 Limewood Pl
MICHAEL VALLE COED SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
1. Unites States Slo-Pitch Softball Association (USSSA) will govern all games. The tournament directors set the rules.
2. Alcohol beverages will not be permitted in the dugout area before, during or after the game.
3. Game time is forfeit time unless otherwise notified by the tournament directors, field supervisor or umpire.
4. Team members are those whose names and signatures are on the roster. Teams are not permitted to use any player(s) not listed on the roster. Once the first game has started you will not be able to change teams. ANYONE CAN PROTEST ILLEGAL PLAYER(S). If proven player(s) are illegal AUTOMATIC FORFEIT. All players playing in the Michael Valle coed softball tournament MUST BRING their government ID (drivers license, State issued ID card, or military ID). If a team protests a player during a game, the player must show ID to prove that they are on the roster. If the player does not have his or her ID or is not on the roster, game will be forfeited and player will be thrown out of the tournament.
5. FIVE MALE and FIVE FEMALE players must be in the lineup at all times. Six and six, if an A.H (additional hitter’s) are used.
6. Each team has the option of using a A.H however, it cannot be used for defensive purposes’.
7. A 54x18 inch mat will be used. Strike zone is ball hitting any part of the mat with a 3-10 foot arch.
8. Each batter is allowed one free ball after the second strike. Second foul is a out.
9. Protests will be settled immediately. The final decision will be made by the tournament directors, field supervisor or umpire. One manager at a time may discuss a controversial play. No player shall discuss with an official, in any manner, any decision reached by such official, except the manager.
10. Each game will consist of 7 innings or 65 minutes, whichever occurs first. No inning may begin after the time limit has expired. An inning begins after the third out of the home team. Time limit will be suspended during the semi-final and championship games. If semi-final or championship game is tied after 7 innings, game will go into international tie breaker with last out starting at 2nd base.
11. Male and female batter MUST alternate in the lineup.
12. NO SLIDING will be permitted. (This includes lunging towards the base, diving and sliding) umpire, field supervisor, and director’s discretion.)
13. The 10- run rule will be in effect after 5 innings, with the exception of semi final and championship games.
14. All females will hit the 11-inch ball and all male’s players will hit the 16-inch ball.
15. There will be a line perpendicular to the 3rd baseline, 20 feet from home plate. Any runner crossing over or touching any part of this line must continue towards home plate. Until a runner touches or crosses the line, he or she may return to 3rd base. All players at home are force- outs.
16. Reentry is permitted. Any starting player may withdraw and reenter. Reentry by any starter must be reported to the umpire and scorekeeper.
17. Each game may begin with either a female or male pitcher, but MUST alternate every inning. Female pitchers may pitch from a distance of 40-46 feet. All males MUST pitch from a distance of 46 feet. It is up to the managers to protest if other team is pitching out of order. If pitched out of order, the batter advances to 1st base.
18. Outfielders must remain on outfield grass and cannot come onto the infield dirt until the ball is hit when female or male is at bat. Consequences, the runner advances one base.
19. ALL ROSTERS AND WAIVERS MUST BE IN ON THE DESIGNATED DATE GIVEN FROM DIRECTORS. If not turned in on time your team may be replaced with a team on the waiting list. (due to a high number of teams on the waiting list)
20. When a batter is INTENTIONALLY walked, he or she will be awarded 1st base and the next batter has the option to walk or bat.
21. Any batter chopping down or slapping down on the ball (hitting downward on the ball with intention of getting an infield hit) will be called out (NO WARNINGS.)
22. Home run equalizer for all fields.
23. SPECIAL AWARD will be given to the “MOST SPORTSMANLIKE TEAM.”
24. Runners crossing home plate will pass a line that connects from home plate. If a runner touches home plate/mat he or she WILL be called OUT.
25. An even # of players on the field at all times, i.e 12, 10 and 8 when an injured player has to leave the field. The even # must consist of half men and half women. If there are only 8 players, at least one woman must be in the outfield or one man.
26. Courtesy runner is at the option of the opposing manager. You must ask for a courtesy runner each time.
27. On a double play ball, the runner must either bend down or run out of the baseline to avoid contact with the defensive player to attempt to make the double play. If the runner slides to avoid player, and makes contact with the defensive player who is trying to make the double play, both runner and the intended double play are out.
28. A team may start with 8 players (4 women & 4 men). The team may add a 9th and 10th player to the game. The two added players must bat at the 9th and 10th spot in the batting order.
29. NO fake pitches will be allowed. A pitcher must pitch from the hip using one motion- NO pumping. If this rule is violated a dead ball will be called and the umpire will add a ball to the count. (THE MUNDI RULE)
30. No fake tag will be allowed. A fake tag will result in that players’ ejection from the game.
31. A batter MUST show effort in his or her swing. NO soft swings will be allowed. This is a judgment call, which will result in an out.
32. If a team starts with 12 players and for some reason a player exits the game, a player of the opposite s*x MUST exit the game as well. Each time those players go up to bat an out WILL be recorded.
33. The age limit is 14 years old, or going into high school. If a player is not of age and other team contests, the team with the illegal player will automatically forfeit. Adult supervision is required.
34. Both feet must be in batter’s box while hitting. If player hits the ball in fair territory, but steps out of the box during contact the batter IS OUT. Umpire and or field supervisor discretion.
35. Effective January 1, 2013 Have the new permanent USSSA Mark on its taper OR• Be a Wood Bat
USSSA marks and other graphics of the bat must be applied permanently and must be applied by the USSSA licensed manufacturer. No stickers or decals are allowed and no one may add graphics to a bat once manufactured. Use of a bat with graphics not applied by the manufacturer will be use of an altered bat and subject to suspension under the USSSA Altered Bat rules. In addition to being violation of the USSSA Altered Bat rules, any use, creation or application of a USSSA mark without written permission of USSSA is a violation of Federal Trademark law and may result in prosecution by USSSA. If you have any concern about the person selling or providing you a bat, do not accept the bat, because you will be held responsible for any bat you bring into or use in a USSSA facility.
ALL RULES WILL BE DISCUSSED AT MANAGER’S MEETING & ARE THEREFORE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
To ALL spectators, and participants of the MICHAEL VALLE COED SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT. Due to city ordinance, and insurance, we can NO LONGER allow outside alcoholic beverages. We appreciate everyone’s participation! Michael Valle Memorial Scholarship Foundation was established in 1972, after our dear Michael’s life was cut short by the hands of another. Our non-profit raises funds in Honor of Michael’s legacy. We keep his legacy alive by giving away multiple baseball scholarships to Pittsburg high senior athletes, sponsor various youth athletic organizations, donate to families in need during the holidays, and help out with families that have lost a loved one. We raise our funds by throwing our annual Michael Valle Coed Softball tournament. ALL the profit from the tournament (food, beer, beverages, team entry fee, and t shirt sales) goes directly back to our community. We thank ALL the participants and spectators of the Michael Valle coed softball tournament. Without each and every one of you, we could not do what we do.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Michael Valle Memorial Scholarship Foundation posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Michael Valle Memorial Scholarship Foundation: