Today is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day. We are usually at the local elementary and middle schools, weeding, planting or doing an art project to celebrate Earth Day. Sadly this year, Earth Day activities at the school aren't possible, but here are some suggestions from LAND to celebrate Earth Day at home.
* Pull some weeds in your home garden
* Pick up some twigs or branches in your yard
* Plant a tree/herbs/vegetables
* Participate in an 'Earth Hour' by unplugging electronics for one hour (no screens, no lights etc).
* Go for a socially distant walk
* Practice some moments of mindfulness. Each child that has participated in one of our elementary Earth Day programs knows how to practice mindfulness, they can show you! It's a great way of taking a few moments to experience the sights and sounds of nature. It's also great to reduce stress.
We miss our students very much and look forward to seeing them in the future. Until then, be safe and stay healthy. Happy Earth Day!