Councilmember Blackmon asked that I share the following updates with you all.
The Department of Code Compliance will resume our Community Clean Trash-Off program and the Department of Sanitation on Saturday, September 11, 2021, from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm at Harry Stone Recreation Center 2403 Millmar Dr, Dallas, Texas. Code Compliance has mailed information to residents that live in the following census tracts (CT 124 and 125) near Harry Stone Recreation Center. The event is open to all residents living within the City of Dallas.
Dallas Public Library
Dallas Public Library no longer charges late fees, but you can still owe money for lost or damaged items. Or, thanks to the Big Read Down, you can read your troubles away. Throughout September, readers can earn $1 of fee forgiveness - for themselves or for someone else - for every 15 minutes cuddled up with a book. You can earn even more by downloading an eBook, attending a program, or having a resume reviewed. Learn more about this great deal - and sign up to participate - here.
Bath House Cultural Center Updates
The Office of Arts and Culture has worked with DPD and ITS to install security cameras at the Bath House Cultural Center. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone over at Convergent for their volunteer work and the camera system donation.
Lakefront Live! With Idania
Our new Lakefront Live! concert series launches on September 14! All shows are free to the public and take place in our indoor-outdoor Lake Level space on the shore of White Rock Lake. Bring your friends and family to enjoy our incredible local performers!
Whether Idania is singing her favorite songs from Celia Cruz, Nina Simone, or Barbara Streisand, composing music, jumping on the drums, timbales, congas, she brings Cuban Soul to everything she plays. We welcome her to the Bath House for the first time, performing Cuban Jazz and popular songs from around the worldFor more information visit: https://artandseek.org/calendar/event/108831/lakefront-live-with-idania
Second Saturday Shoreline Spruce Up
IMPORTANT! Please read this message very carefully.
For the Love of the Lake (FTLOTL) office will be open Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. for a drive-thru only (do not get out of your vehicle) to pick up supplies for the Second Saturday Shoreline Spruce-Up event. Address: 1152 N. Buckner Blvd. Suite #123, Dallas, Texas 75218
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT ALL VEHICLES FACE THE SAME DIRECTION. THE VEHICLES SHOULD BE FACING SOUTH SUCH THAT THE DRIVER IS ON THE FTLOTL OFFICE SIDE.
• We will put the supplies you need in either the trunk or back of your vehicle to maintain social distancing to the extent possible.
• The trash grabbers (litter sticks) will be sanitized before being placed in your vehicle.
• While picking up trash in the park, we strongly encourage wearing a mask and practicing social distancing from anyone other than those living in the same household. Please, always wear your gloves.
• We are not sure how many vehicles will show up, so if the vehicles are backed up to Buckner, do not block any lanes on Buckner. Find a safe place to park and wait for an opportunity to get in line.
• It is hot out there; remember to bring your own water.
• Please return trash grabbers no later than noon.
• Have fun and thank you for your support!
Council Agenda Update
Council Item 21-1239 is on the September 9, 2021 Consent Agenda to authorize a construction services contract with CCGMG LLC Series B for the construction of Alley Reconstruction Group 17-1003, which includes the following alleys:
• Edgefield Avenue and Windomere Avenue/ 12th Street to Wentworth Street (alley) – District 1
• Worth Street (4812-4840) and Tremont Street (4807-4841) – District 2
• La Rue Street and Wyoming Street from Cockrell Hill Road to La Rue Street (alley) – District 3
• Alley between Cloister Drive and Estacado Drive and Ash Creek Drive from existing pavement north of McCosh Drive to existing pavement south of Peavy Road – District 9
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for upcoming events, updates, and news about District 9 at https://www.facebook.com/DallasDistrict9 Feel free to share this information with your mailing lists or Next Door.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach our office at [email protected] or by calling 214-671-8916.